The Advocacy Project in Child and Family Health, a new health project supporting civil society organizations to advocate for fulfilment of promises in the domains of policy, finance and regulatory standards for Routine Immunization; Primary Health Care Under one Roof; and Ending Childhood Killer Disease, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
- The Accountant will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the contractual financial requirements of the donor funded projects he will keep all books of account for the project, making real-time postings; make approved payments in line with budgets; and work within a strong compliance team.
- S/he will keep the checking account, make and manage budgets for project activities: keep equipment and supply registers and all other accounting records.
- The position holder will also he required to prepare financial reports to monitor and track obligations and expenditure as well as provide training accountants of sub-grandees and generally backstopping the accounting system.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance Business Administration or an other relevant field with 2-5 years of post National Youth Service experience, of which 2 year’s; must be in similar mole in a non-profit donor funded project.
- Ability to work with a strong program team while having capacity for independent effort.
- Possession of professional accounting qualifications and excellent computer skill with specialty in spread sheet. accounting software (Quickbooks) and other relevant programs
Application Closing Date
27th June, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a CV as an email attachment and submit a 3 paragraph letter of application in the email content page (not as an attachment), the 3 paragraph application must provide key information on your suitability for the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position applied for as the subject of the email.
Note: Applications from young. smart and quick learning new graduates of Accounting with limited experience will also be considered.