Saroafrica International is a company with linked interest in FMCG and Agric Value Chain spanning Downstream to Upstream. The Supply chain activities is a contiguous circle from Inbound, Outbound to Export. Following her businesses restructuring and repositioning, the company is further expanding her activities across all the Commercial Cities and major Agro ecology zones of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Audit & Compliance Manager
- The position of the Audit & Compliance Manager is a leadership and management position within the Shared Services Group.
- The Audit & Compliance Manager is charged with the overall responsibility of ensuring that all the activities, transactions , balances and operations of the companies assigned to him/her are properly audited and done in line with set guidelines , procedures and policies.
- Plan, supervise, direct and execute all necessary and relevant audit procedures and tests on the operations, financial and businesses of the Companies and Departments to ensure compliance and assurances with set guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure that transactions relating to Cash, Inventory, Debtors, Suppliers, Expenditure, Fixed Assets and Other Balance Sheet items are properly validated, captured, recorded in the necessary books of accounts as required.
- Prepare the Annual Audit & Compliance Plan and ensure it’s executed and achieved
Risk and Compliance:
- Evaluate the adequacy of the company’s internal control framework in addressing risks, compliance and accomplishing the company’s goals and objectives.
- To actively monitor regulatory developments, assess the potential impact on the business and deliver findings and recommendations.
- Review results from risk management processes for both internal and external regulations.
- Assessing and evaluating compliance with regulatory authorities in line with group policies.
- Monitoring of activity to identify emerging risks, possible compliance breaches and taking remedial action where necessary and assessing and reporting on implications to the business.
- Supervise the activities of all audits and the activities of all audit team members to ensure that audits are carried out in a clear and consistent manner.
- Ensure that the Annual Audit Plan is followed and achieved.
- Through supervisory role, ensure quality control in reporting, evidence gathering, validation, authentication etc.
- Investigation and Incident
- Ensure that necessary investigations and special reviews are to be carried out on all activities that has been deemed necessary to be reviewed as a result of perceived or actual losses or noncompliance.
- Ensure that proper care and the required resources are deployed in undertaking investigations and special reviews.
- Investigate all incidents that has been reported to estimate and validate the losses that was reported or occurred.
- Determine and assign responsibilities as well as recommend for the necessary sanctions or disciplinary actions to be taken where necessary.
- Determine the training needs of associates who reports to her to ensure that the required capacity and resources is required.
- Coach and serves as Mentor to members in her/his team in their functional areas of responsibilities.
- Provide direct leadership for teams members of the audit and compliance team as well as ensure proper appraisals and training are done for them
- Skillful reporting to executives and upper-management including delivery of audit results and deficiencies.
- Ability to work independently and deliver.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, methodical, and structured with the ability to think outside the box.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to convey technical information in simple terms.
- This role is highly cross-functional. A successful candidate is able to listen and manage large amounts of information from competing priorities, to facilitate decision-making, and to develop, execute, and project management work plans.
- High personal responsibility, accountability, and integrity required.
- Resourcefulness, curiosity, and solutions oriented mind-set desirable.
- Ability to Travel at short notice and take multiple functions at the same time
- Minimum of a second Class upper in Accounting, Economics, or Finance from a reputable university.
- Must be a Chartered Accountant (ACCA or ACA)
- An MBA or equivalent postgraduate management degree will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years Relevant Experience in auditing in a top rated accounting firm and with at least 3 years in a managerial position.
- Must have knowledge of risk based internal audit.
- Age: 30- 38
Application Closing Date
18th May, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online