African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Banks development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Capital Markets Data Analyst – PIFD2
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50078331
- The Vice Presidency for Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization is central to the Bank’s mission of developing the private sector, improving infrastructure and accelerating industrialization.
- The complex main functions are to (i) strengthen the enabling environment for private sector [and financial sector] development conducive to inclusive growth and sustainable development, (ii) support the development of reliable and sustainable infrastructure, including cities and urban development, and (iii) place renewed emphasis on industrial and trade performance in support of structural transformation across Africa.
- The Complex leverages knowledge, co-financing, and partnerships to attract private capital and work with governments on delivering the Bank’s development agenda.
The Hiring Department
- The primary role of the Financial Sector Development (FSD) Department is to help the Regional Member Countries (RMCs) increase the reach, depth, and breadth of their financial systems, while safeguarding financial stability. The Department has four long-term objectives: (i) development of a vibrant private sector through an inclusive access by households and enterprises to financial services; (ii) strengthening markets participants; (iii) developing efficient capital markets, and (iv) deepening regional financial integration.
- Paired with other Industrialization, infrastructure and Private Sector complex departments, the FSD Department is responsible for implementing the Bank Group’s Financial Sector Development Policy and Strategy 2014-2019 (FSDPS) towards vibrant, innovative, robust and competitive financial systems, both national and regional, and in both the public and private sector levels of RMCs.
- FSD plays a transversal role across the Bank’s five strategic priorities, applying its financial deepening and access tool kit to the High Five (H5) agenda. Fundamentally, the scalability and policy momentum inherent in the H5 agenda create an important opportunity for expanded relevance of the FSD core skill-set: flexible financing instruments and delivery frameworks for financial inclusion, smart resource mobilization and capital markets development. FSD leverages partnerships to bring about greater developmental impact in financial sector development.
The Capital Markets Data Analyst will assist in the Capital Markets Division’s efforts in collecting and disseminating accurate data and knowledge work for clients in RMCs. The purpose of the job is as follows:
- Collect and reconcile bond/fixed income data for the African Financial Markets Initiative – AFMI.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly dashboards on African bond markets.
- Contribute to the development of a pool of knowledge within the Bank on Africa’s capital markets.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Division Manager, the Analyst will perform the following duties:
- Supporting clients on yield curve Modelling such as the Nelson-Siegel model; the implied yield curve; linear interpolation; etc.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly dashboard on financial sector and African fixed income;
- Analyse data and make available to the Statistics department and the Financial Sector Development department (PIFD) the reconciled spreadsheet;
- Ensure the update of the AFMI’s platform on the most recent validated data;
- Organize a workshop for final data validation prior to dissemination of the data;
- Assist in the design and development of the LTF data platform for Africa, in collaboration with the Statistics department of the Bank;
- Work with regional teams/country offices to expand the bond markets data collection;
- Coordinate the preparation of the African Bond Markets Development Index (ABMDI);
- Provides support to other duties as assigned by the Division Manager.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- At least a Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or related fields
- A minimum of four (4) years of relevant professional experience.
- He/she should be familiar with standard software applications such as MS Office and VBA, should be able to navigate through Bloomberg and/or Reuters.
- He/she should have the ability to interact effectively with and maintain good working relationships with development partners, countries, the private sector and other stakeholders; and facilitate contacts and meetings.
- Knowledge of the structuring and execution of debt and equity investments in projects and programs of the capital markets sector.
- Professional Expertise: Continually increase understanding of the products, practices and relevant systems / technologies.
- Strategic thinking skills developed as part of the implementation of viable projects and programs.
- Ability to gather all aspects of the project origination phase and to lead the loan program execution process.
- Excellent written and verbal professional communication in French or English with a working knowledge of the other.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) and financial market software such as Bloomberg.
Application Closing Date
18th May, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online