We are recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Chief Accountant
- Leads the company’s financial accounting, reporting and control activities; ensuring they are carried out efficiently and in line with best practice and statutory requirements.
- To provide accurate and timely financial services including setting monthly budgets, forecasts, cash flow analysis, management and financial accounts and advice support inform decision making at all level
- To manage the annual audit process in conjunction with the appointed external auditors to ensure statutory accounts are produced within the required timelines.
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results: initiating corrective actions, minimizing the impact of the variances.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Ensure timely preparation and rendition of Audited Financial Statements (AFS) and the timely filing of the AES with the relevant statutory agencies.
- Responsible for month-end and year-end accounting period close of process and monthly trial balance review to ensure integrity and correctness of the company’s accounting records.
- Coordinates the preparation and renditions of statutory returns and compliance within the statutory provisions.
- Ensures Quality Control over financial transactions and financial reporting by ensuring timely trial balance review, preparation of schedules to accounts and bank reconciliation reports.
- Develops annual operating budgets as well as all project budgets and oversees them.
- Manage and comply with Local, State and Federal Government statutory requirements and tax filings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- B.Sc/HND in Social Sciences
- Professional Qualification: ACA/ACCA
- Working Experience: Between 7 & 10 years post qualification work experience in Clearing and forwarding or logistics company
- Knowledge of the international trade process example Letter of credit and Form processing is mandatory.
- The candidate must be computer literate. Sound knowledge of some ERP software will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
1st November, 2018.
The remuneration is attractive and compares favorably with what obtains in similar organizations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com