International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Chief of Party
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports to: Home Office Project Director
Type: Regular, Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt level position
- IBTCI is currently seeking a Chief of Party. This is a full-time position based in Abuja, Nigeria, with remote management of data collection teams in northeast Nigeria, and frequent travel to Maiduguri, Nigeria for partner meetings.
- The project will establish and undertake independent monitoring programs in Northeast Nigeria, and aims to increase partners’ understanding of the outputs, progresses, challenges, successes, and lessons learned of selected projects.
- This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide overall management, guidance and direction for the project.
- Oversee the completion of all deliverables, ensuring compliance and timely submission.
- Serve as the primary liaison with client, IBTCI Home Office, Implementing Partners, and subcontractors.
- Manage remote third-party monitoring organizations in Nigeria.
- Ensure quality control, compliance, and completion of all technical outputs and deliverables under the contract, including the necessary flexibility to adjust to changing client needs and political developments in the region.
- Provide technical guidance to client and Implementing Partners to define and determine data collection methods, monitoring processes and performance metrics intended to measure results.
- Communicate accomplishments and concerns based on field findings in a professional manner.
- Provide on-going capacity building and mentorship to the technical assistance and third party verification teams.
- Participate in the generation of program-wide reporting products.
- Ensure adequate Duty of Care and Do No Harm protocols are developed and adhered to the all team members.
- Travel is essential, and may include travel to fragile and conflict-affected areas. An average of 25% to 35% travel for project implementation and/or project management of business development initiatives. (Percentages may vary depending on IBTCI business needs).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in International Affairs, Social Science, or a related field.
- At least 10 years’ of progressively responsible experience in the humanitarian, development, or transition field.
- Previous experience in monitoring and evaluation is required.
- At least five years of experience managing teams.
- At least two years of experience working in conflict zones.
- Must have previous experience managing third party monitoring projects or Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) support projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience conducting quantitative and qualitative field research in conflict zones.
- Proven ability working on programs implemented in Africa desirable.
- Prior experience implementing a donor-funded program, particularly USAID, highly preferred.
- Oral and written proficiency in Arabic desirable.
- Demonstrated ability managing sub-contractors highly desired.
- Previous experience implementing programs in Nigeria highly preferred.
- Work is typically performed in an office environment, with some time spent in the field.
- This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
- This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Travel: International travel is required.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: No phone calls please. All candidates will be contacted, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.