We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Clerk Typist
Ref Id: 1801973
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary Appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract duration: 12 months
Under the supervision of the Administrative Officer, the incumbent performs the following duties:
- Manning of the main telephone lines, Screens, places/receives and transfers calls to their intended destination.
- Receives and screens visitors coming into the office, responding to routine enquiries.
- Types correspondence, documents and reports from plain copy,forms,handwritten or rough draft materials for programme offices, reviews and corrects capitalization, spelling and punctuations with word processing (MS Word).
- Maintains correspondence logs, updates the staff telephone directory, carries out task for production and distribution of reports, scanning of documents for email transmission.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
- Essential: Secondary school certificate combined
- Desirable: formal secretarial training
- Essential: At least 5 years’ experience on basic office secretarial work
- Desirable: Experience in working with bilateral or multilateral International Organizations in the country is an Advantage.
- Must be familiar with MS Windows applications.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different nationalities
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language Skills:
- Essential: Good knowledge of English and a local language.
Application Closing Date
22nd May, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.