We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head of Securities / MD – Ecobank Stockbrokers Limited (ESL)
Ref No: 18000017
Reports to: Country Head, Securities Wealth & Asset Management (SWAM)
- In charge of growing all segments of the Securities business, such as Brokerage, Sales & Distribution, and Investor services in a profitable and cost effective manner.
- To provide leadership and support to the division staff in order to sustainably grow the business through learning, enhancing capabilities and coaching.
- To grow the business by developing a strong customer-centric culture aiming at achieving high levels of customer satisfaction and product penetration
- Oversee all Securities business including brokerage, sales & distribution and investor services
- Specifically oversee the Brokerage business aiming at growing Trading volume and revenues on Debt and Equity instruments in a profitable and cost effective manner
- Specifically oversee sales & distribution of fund raising mandates / transactions originated or not by Investment Bank, by leveraging internal distribution capabilities (Ecobank Affiliates) and more importantly external investors (banks, asset managers, insurance companies, hedge funds)
- Specifically oversee investors services business, including local custodian services.
Business Development & Customer Excellence:
- Elaborate marketing strategies to develop existing portfolio and new opportunities.
- Understand customer needs and respond with products and services in order to achieve business objectives.
- Develop executive contact plan and arrange meetings with appropriate Heads of Unit.
- Conduct joint calls with team, Affiliates’ commercial and corporate branches with emphasis on cross selling to increase wallet share for Ecobank
- Oversee customer service policies and implementation.
People Management, Operational Performance and Strategic Initiatives:
- Participate in strategy/ success plan design and execution
- In charge of the talent management by appraising regularly the staff, identify successors and retain top performers
- Exercise leadership by building individual learning & development plans for the staff
- Ensure that the business comply to internal legal and risk management policies as well as country/regional regulations
- Develop a strong culture within the team focused on high operational performance
- Define strategic initiatives to position the business in a sustainable growth path and drive the implementation.
- Minimum Undergraduate or Masters Degree in Marketing or related field of study.
- Holds professional qualification in Chartered Institute of Stockbroker (CIS).
- 10 years sales including, 3 years of Management experience with good distribution track record in Capital Markets
- Ability to interact and negotiate effectively with the internal and external customers
- Sound Knowledge of Capital market and Banking sector at large
- Product knowledge, ideally across various asset classes
- Customer focused, Results oriented and Result driven;
- Good organizational and time management skills are highly desirable;
- Membership of a relevant professional body would be an advantage
- Strong communication skills are required,
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, team-oriented and self-motivated with ability to work successfully under own initiative.
Application Closing Date
25th May, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online