Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE) is a registered Nigeria NGO (non-profit) organisation working on social justice and humanitarian response in both the southern and northern regions of Nigeria. GREENCOE is one of the outstanding and credible national NGO in Nigeria working on both development and humanitarian response programmes. Recently accredited by OCHA for applying for funding on the GSM and MYHRP- Project Model.
We are currently looking for candidates for the position below in our newly opened field office:
Job Title: Finance and Admin Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Volunteer
Duration: 3 months
Start Date: As soon as possible
- The Finance/Admin assistant will be based in Maiduguri, Borno State and support the State Programme Lead in managing cash flow and base account.
- He/she will also ensure compliance with purchasing procedures, respect of supply chain guidelines and payment mode.
- The person will also assist the team in the management and administration of the cash transfer program.
- He/she will be in charge of filing and archiving financial related documents.
- Front office management
- Provide administrative support to the Maiduguri office
- Store management (inventory of new stock and used stock all office supplies). Ensure that the store bin cards are updated and minimum and maximum stock levels are maintained at all times.
- Take minute of all team meetings and upload on the intranet
- Support in processing of payments for vendors with support from Finance Coordinator.
- Receive goods from vendors and ensure that goods supplied are in line with the order specifications and that the necessary documentations are completed
- Manage disbursement of petty cash and vital document in the safe.
- Support in preparation of financial documentation such as Payment vouchers.
- Support in the review of float retirement
- Ensure proper record management (filing) in the finance unit
- Ensure regular service of office equipment.
- Ensure regular monthly purchase and payment of utility bills (electricity, water, refuse etc).
- Ensure replacement or any broken equipment, lighting etc. in the office and the guest house.
- Assist in the identification and purchase of maintenance items needed in the office and the guest house.
Interested candidate will:
- Have a Degree/HND in Accounting, Management, Finance, or related field with minimum of 1 year experience in a finance and administration-related role. Or at least Ordinary National Diploma
- Have excellent computer skills including with Excel, Microsoft office.
- Have strong interpersonal skills (communication, give effective feedback and be a team player)
- Be able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistics and team needs.
- Have the ability to manage work plans including ability to work under pressure.
- Be committed to the NGO’s mission, values and policies.
This position is none paid. Meaning no salary – however, little stipends could be provided occasionally to cover transport and communication.
Application Closing Date
Midnight; 10th November, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and updated CV to: email@example.com The title of the position i.e “Finance and Admin Assistant” must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.