We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head Academic Studies
- The Head of Academic Studies is responsible for delivering high-quality academic and training programmes, coordinating and supporting a team of faculties, managing relationships with partner institutions and agencies and leading on research activities.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop contents of and for all academic and training programmes in liaison with partner institutions and agencies
- Manage the budget of the academic and training work streams of Academy and ensure compliance to targets
- Monitor and control the quality of the learning programmes by ensuring that that all academic and training programme are delivered to the high standard required
- Manage all agreements with academic and training partners and ensure compliance to the terms of such agreements
- Ensure that Academy customers – learners, institutional partners and faculties – receive good customer service at every point at which they have contact with Academy and its academic and training programmes
- Administer the academic board and any other similar governance structure of Academy
- Represent Academy professionally at all levels, especially in relation to academic and +training activities and responsibilities
- Coordinate faculties and the teaching team, providing support as necessary.
- Ensure that learning facilities are adequately maintained, meet market demands/expectations as well as health and safety requirements
- Manage all records of academic and training programmes and that of learners
- Plan and effectively implement an annual academic and training calendar, in liaison with the sales and marketing team
- Ensure that all academic and training programme are delivered and managed in accordance with local and international standards and take a leadership role in the development of national and international reputation for Academy
- Identify research priorities, as part of the strategic vision for Academy by building a research team, engaging Masters and PhD students and Research Fellows in the field and practice of ESRM
- Attract research grant income, of a sufficient level that Academy’s research activities will become self-sustaining
- Produce high quality, peer-reviewed papers on ESRM and oversee the production of papers on ESRM by other members of the research team
- Ensure that Academy has a presence at relevant high-profile national and international spaces, in order to disseminate the Academy’s research findings in ESRM.
- Network and partnership development: Establish new partners and build upon existing relationships, in order to establish Academy as a centre of learning, policy and practice in ESRM.
- Minimum Masters Degree in Arts or Social Science
- Experience as a lecturer in higher institution is mandatory
- Minimum of 8 – 10yrs experience in on similar role.
- PhD studentship an advantage
- Experience of working in a higher institution
- Skills in curriculum development and academic/training contents
- Experience of lecturing and training programme facilitation
- Experience of undertaking research and writing academic papers
Application Closing Date
5th June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org