MacTay Consulting has been in existence for over 28 years in Nigeria. We are a member of TACK and TMI, international consulting companies operating in over 60 countries and with a combined experience of over 80years.
Our global network of partners and experience means that our clients enjoy all the benefits of a local office, while drawing upon our multi-cultural knowledge and global delivery resource – whenever required.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Payroll Unit
Location: Lekki 1, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
Reports to: Manager, Quality Assurance and Service Level Management
- Update and organize systems to manage payroll information
- Maintain payroll records and files
- Prepare and organize financial statements for filing and review
- Manage time cards, time entry, and timekeeping software and systems
- Set-up new employee information and accounts
- Onboard new employees on time entry systems and methods
- Keep accounts accurate during employee changes and rollovers
- Manage the payroll team; supervise and assign tasks to assistants
- Work with accounting team, finance team, and HR
- Keep detailed records for taxes and audits
- Comply with all local, state, and federal laws regarding finances, tax filings, and reporting
- Ensure company complies with all additional legal and regulatory requirements regarding payroll processes
- Strict adherence to internal company policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting, or a related field
- 7 years’ previous experience as an accountant, accounting supervisor, manager, or related position
- Excellent computer skills; experience in payroll software and Microsoft Office Suite; additional system knowledge a plus
- In-depth understand of payroll procedures, laws, taxes, and best practices
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills
- Knowledge of SAGE, Oracle, ERP.
- Proven record of working on voluminous payroll.
- Valuable experience in Consulting, Audit and Finance.
- Precise attention to detail
- Comfortable in both a leadership and team-player role
- Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Computer Skill – Microsoft word, Excel, Power and performance tools.
- Excellent time management skills
- Process orientated
- High level of attention to detail
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: The information contained within this role brief is provided for guidance, is not contractual, and is not an exhaustive list of all accountabilities that the post holder may have.