Audacious is Nigeria’s fastest growing fashion retail organization. The company retails female apparel (casual, business Casual, business) to the discerning woman.
Audacious currently has Ten outlets in different locations in Nigeria and plans to add more before the end of year 2018. We are very conscious of the importance of a convenient shopping experience for our clientele, this is why all our outlets are in the prime malls in the country.
We require qualified candidates to fill the role below:
Job Title: Internal Control Officer
- The Internal Control Officer assists in carrying out given tasks towards the departmental purpose and objective of the business.
- Ensure reliability and sufficiency of the financial and management information generated and reported by the Accounts Officers
- Periodic review of Bank Reconciliation Statement
- Investigate issues relating to sales, returns/exchange and discrepancies of merchandise and ensure compliance to related policies
- Ensure compliance to inventory policies and procedures
- Ensure the accuracy of the inventory data base of the company as a whole
- Ensure there are duly authorized documentary approvals for every data be entered into the inventory data base
- Carry out spot audit checks across the company’s outlets
- Confirm incoming and outgoing merchandise in the warehouse
- Monitor interbranch transfers and sales layaway requests
- Participate in physical stock taking exercise across branches
- Ensure compliance to laid down company policies and to statutory regulations
- Periodic confirmation of the existence of all fixed (tangible) assets and ensure they are properly and adequately accounted for.
- Assess and identify potential risk areas within the organization and make appropriate recommendation to mitigate them.
- Evaluating and improving the internal control, accounting systems and organization procedures to determine that they are properly designed, functioning and regularly updated
- Assist other functional units within the department in carrying out jobs as required by the management
- Ability to handle people, processes and products
- Attention to details
- Sound analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Effective communications skills
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other related courses
- 2-5years experience in Internal Control, Audit and Accounting
- Strong proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
Application Closing Date
14th May, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: Humanresources@audacious.com.ng