FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Director- RANA
Job Type: Full time
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Project Director will be responsible for overall coordination of technical, programmatic and financial management responsibilities on the project.
- S/He will be the primary liaison with UNICEF and/or any future funder, government and other high-level partners, providing frequent updates on project performance.
- S/He will manage the day to day activities of the project country office, as well as overall management, coordination, and oversight of the project across states.
- S/He will also work closely with the project team to set the technical vision for the entire project, with specific attention to meeting set goals based on project design and work plan and will also directly oversee the state team leads, technical leads, and program/ finance staff.
- The Project Director will have final responsibility for ensuring that project implementation activities are carried out on time and on budget.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master’s or Ph.D. in at least one of the following fields: Education with a specialty in Reading and Literacy Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Elementary Teacher Education, Education Policy, Linguistics, Gender or other relevant International Development field with bias towards education, gender and development is required
- At least 10 years of experience in relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with education programs/projects in a resource-limited setting
- At least 5 of these years must be in a management/leadership position
- At least 5 years of experience in the education sector in Sub-Saharan Africa, either in Nigeria or West Africa
- Experience in education in conflict-affected, alternative, and rural settings
- Fluency in Hausa language is an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Required professional proficiency and fluency in written and spoken English
- Preferred proficiency in Hausa is preferred, but not required
- Technical understanding of education issues in conflict-affected, alternative, and rural settings
- Budgeting, financial management, and policies and procedures oversight experience
- Demonstrated public relations and diplomacy skills required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build positive local working relationships with local communities, district government officials, UN and where appropriate, donor representatives
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance
Application Closing Date
15th May, 2018,
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.