Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Registrar
- The Registrar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Administrative Officer of the University, who will be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University except for financial matters, which fall within the purview of the Bursar.
- The Registrar is also the Secretary to the Governing Council, Senate, Convocation and other statutory bodies as defined by the University laws.
- He/she shall also perform all other duties assigned to him/her by the Council and/or the Vice-Chancellor from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- The ideal candidate must possess a good honours degree and a Master degree and at least fifteen years post-qualification experience, out of which a minimum of five(5) years must have been spent in a position not less than Deputy Registrar in a state/federal University.
- Candidates that are over sixty (60) years as at the date of this publication need not apply.
- The appointment is for a term of five (5) years, renewable for one year subject to satisfactory performance as may be determined by the Governing Council of Olabisi Onabanjo University.
Remuneration and Conditions of Service
The person appointed shall be placed on Consolidated Salary Scale and shall enjoy other conditions of service applicable to the position of a Principal Officer of the University.
Application Closing Date
17th May, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit thirty (30) copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae providing information on the following:
- Full Name (Surname first);
- Place and Date of Birth;
- Nationality (if Nigerian, indicate State of Origin);
- Marital Status;
- Number and Dates of Birth of Children;
- Permanent Home Address;
- Academic qualifications (indicating Class of Degree: Copies of Certificate to be enclosed);
- Professional Qualifications (copies of Certificate to be enclosed);
- Post graduation/professional qualification experience;
- Current Employment and Salary;
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees who are competent to attest to the candidate’s standing and abilities, professionally, managerially, as well as morals, characters and integrity.
- Contact Address (including telephone Nos. and e-mail address);
- Date of availability for duty (if appointed).
Applications with supporting documents are to be submitted under confidential cover, with the envelope marked “Post of University Registrar” sealed and addressed to:
Olabisi Onabanjo University,
- Candidates should request their referees to forward their reports directly to the address above.
- Each application should include (30) copies of the candidate’s vision for the University which should not exceed 600 words.