FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer – Child and Adolescent Health
Job Type: Full time
- Provides leadership and technical support related to strategies and approaches with special focus on newborn, child and adolescent health programs including integration of comprehensive HIV care and treatment into mainstream health services at SIDHAS-supported treatment locations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- With the Associate Director RMNCH, Associate Director Care & Treatment, state Senior Technical Officers and other relevant staff, coordinates the design and implementation of components related newborn, child and adolescent health including comprehensive HIV care, treatment and support in paediatric, adolescent and adult populations.
- With the Associate Director, RMNCH & Associate Director, Care and Treatment, leads capacity building efforts in relation to newborn, child and adolescent health to field programs including paediatric, adolescent and adult HIV/AIDS
- With Associate Director RMNCH & Associate Director, Care and Treatment, develops guidelines, tools and recommendations related to the implementation and evaluation of health programs newborn, child and adolescent populations. Including clinical management and monitoring of HIV/AIDS in paediatric, adolescent and adult populations
- Contributes to development of lessons learned from programs and projects related newborn, child and adolescent populations and apply these lessons to modify existing program and improve the design of new programs
- Provides technical assistance to states in the facility level implementation of quality improvement initiatives and approaches aimed at ensuring continuous quality improvement for newborn, child and adolescent health including HIV care and treatment.
- Supports the country office team in the use of data for analysis to guide implementation approaches for program improvement at state and facility levels.
- Represents FHI 360/Nigeria to donors and government officials on issues of newborn, child and adolescent health
- Remains informed on current programs in the field of child and adolescent health by reviewing current literature and stay alert to any implication of such experience and research for department activities.
- Ensures sustained linkages at the technical, functional and structural levels with other RMNCH components (reproductive health, maternal health) and SIDHAS’ OVC program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MB.BS/MD with 3 to 5 years of progressive relevant experience in clinical care, with a sound understanding of the delivery of newborn, child and adolescent health programs including integrated HIV/AIDS programs in resource constrained settings.
- Possession of a Masters’ degree in Public or Maternal and Child Health or post graduate fellowship in Paediatrics is an advantage.
- Experience in project development with proven experience in the planning and implementation of newborn, adolescent or child health programs is required.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public-sector health systems, non-governmental organizations and community based organizations is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Clinical management and training experience and ability to understand full range of issues newborn, child and adolescent health including comprehensive management of HIV/AIDS
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and spoken communication and computer skills.
- Ability to travel within at least Nigeria 25% of the time.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.